lauantai 24. marraskuuta 2012

The Flying Trapeze

'' Sometimes I feel that my life is a series of trapeze swings. I'am either hanging on to a trapeze bar swinging along or, for a few moments, I'am hurdling across space between the trapeze bars.

Mostly, I spend my time hanging on for a dear life to the trapeze bar of the moment. It carries me along  a certain steady rate of swing and I have the feeling that I'am in control. I know most of the right questions, and even some of the right answers. But once in a while, as I 'am merrily, or not so merrily, swinging along, I look ahead of me into the distance, and what do I see?

I see another trapeze bar looking at me. It's empty. And I know, in that place in me that knows everything, that this  new bar has my name on it. It is my next step, my personal growth, my aliveness coming to get me. In my heart of hearts I know that for me to grow to the next level, I must release my grip on the present well-known bar to be able to move to the new one.

Each time it happens, I hope that I won't have to grab the new one. But in my knowing place, I know that I must totally release my grasp on my old bar, and for some moments in time I must hurtle across space before I can grab the new bar. Each time I do this I am filled with terror. It doesn't matter that in all my previous hurdles I have always made it. 

Each time I am afraid I will miss, that I will be crushed on unseen rocks in the bottomless basin between the bars and which I will never climb  again...

But I do it anyway. I must. I know this is what life is about." 

                                                                                                               -Joshua Rosenthal

Do you ever feel that you should take the next jump in your life,( doesn't matter if its your carrier, relationship...), but you are too scared to take that next step? Too scared to come out of your comfort zone? What if I grab the wrong bar and I will crash down? There's no guarantees, no safety net, no insurance... but we have to do it any way, because that old bar is no longer an option.  So you are just hanging there in transition... The past is over, but the future is not yet here... 

Don't be scared to take that next step, because if you are too scared to fail, you will never know what life would bring to you. Be open and follow your instincts. Feel the fear and do it anyway.

If I didn't take that huge jump, when I was only 18, and moved abroad, I probably would have never seen all these great places, experienced different cultures and meet all those wonderful people ... 

Now, I can see my next bar waiting for me, and I am almost ready to jump again.






2 kommenttia:

  1. Moikka Hellu!
    TOSI hyvä postaus! :)
    Kylläpäs laitoit miettimään elämää ja valintoja!
    Tuo on juuri noin, joskus ihmiset ei uskalla, ei haluaisi luopua nykyisestä ja hypätä uuteen, yhtä hyvään, jopa parempaan.
    Kun miettii kuinka lyhyt retki meillä kaikilla täällä on, niin pitäisi uskaltaa nauttia elämästä juuri sellaisenaan kuin itse haluaa! Tarttua uuteen ja hypätä rohkeasti "oikeaan" junaan (sillä hetkellä oikea) ja nauttia! :)
    Elämä on valintoja täynnä.... tehdään ne oikeat, uskalletaan olla sitä mitä halutaan olla ja elää sitä elämää mitä halutaan! :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Moikka Hansu!

    Niin totta! Usein odotetaan sita oikeaa/taydellista hetkea ja sitten kun aikaa... pitais vaan uskaltaa ottaa "riskeja" ja seurata omia unelmia ja elaa hetkessa. Huomisesta, kun ei voi tietaa!

    VastaaPoista